Electrical Testing & Inspection
Periodic Inspection In Newcastle Gateshead
What is a Periodic Inspection?
A Periodic Inspection is an inspection on the current condition of an electrical system. It could be termed an Electrical Safety Inspection. It is carried out to identify any faults or non-compliance of the system using the national safety standard for electrical installations as its measure.
The periodic inspection will:
- ascertain if any of your electrical equipment or circuits are overloaded
- find any potential electrical shock risks and fire risks in the electrical installation
- identify any defective electrical work that has been carried out
- highlight any lack of earthing or bonding in the system
A full set of tests is also carried out on the wiring in the installation and fixed electrical accessories. The customer also receives a schedule of circuits with relevant test results, which is invaluable for a property.
Why would I need a PIR?
There are many reasons why you may need a PIR, some examples are:
- Your moving into a new property and wanting to know the electrics are safe
- You have a fault in your electrics and need to know whats wrong
- Your preparing your property for rental
- In the process of selling your home you’ve been asked for an electrical certificate
- You are required to have one of your insurance policy
- Your unsure of the current state of the electrical installation and want peace of mind
It is recommended that periodic inspection and testing is carried out at least every:
- 10 years for a domestic residential installation
- 5 years for a rented domestic residential installation
- 5 years for a commercial installation
- 3 years for caravans
- 1 year for swimming pools
See my special page for more information on electrical services for Lettings and Landlords.